Monday, November 17, 2008

Massive upgrades, new strategy?

A few major things today:
1. I renamed 'ts_to_map' to 'drizzle' and made 'ts_to_map' a wrapper that will either median combine by scans (if passed the right keywords, i.e. tstomapmedian and scans_info). This will reject cosmic rays much more effectively than previously.
2. My extensive test runs on the 'weird' fields completed. Conclusions:
a. Deconvolution is DEFINITELY responsibly for the weird fuzzy effects seen esp. in l=33, l=2.
b. Even a descending iterator is ineffective at alleviating this problem
What I still don't understand is WHY the deconvolver is behaving badly for some regions. It is extracting peaks that are too high.
c. Not deconvolving works pretty well, so I'm not really concerned. I'm resetting the defaults to no deconvolution once my next test is done....
3. Started up a new test run to compare median stacking with weighted average stacking

No comments: