
This is a "noise-dominated" scan in the sense that the high/low pixels are set by noise, not signal. Despite the clear high frequency noise, this image actually maps out pretty well - I think the high-noise bolometers get downweighted and the high/low pixels probably get clipped by my hot pixel rejection procedure.

An image of the galactic center with a source southeast of center identified.

A scan from the GC image above. I forgot to mark the source, I should go back and do that. The glitch is obvious.

I drew a box to flag out the region affected by the glitch.

This is what happens when I redraw after flagging out the glitch - the colorbar is rescaled and no more glitch.

Timestream with glitches and sources marked (one pixel in the map is hit by 3 different points in this scan).

Grayscale version of above (ok, I lied about grayscale being impossible) with a different pixel marked.

A zoom-in around the 'kidney bean' source with the Bolocam footprint overlaid and a pixel marked. Note that this pixel corresponds to the 3 points in the color waterfall above.
No comments:
Post a Comment